|Opportunity: Skills Champions|
We will be working with 20 volunteers who will engage with and give accredited training.
Once trained volunteers will then work with peers aged 16-29 year olds using interactive digital media & cutting edge technology focusing on marginalised YP, hidden NEETs & current claimants to highlight some of the career opportunities that are open to the young people across the city.
Volunteers will sign post to and encourage the uptake of opportunities citywide and help referrals to further relevant training.
|Requirements: The right candidate will be keen, motivated and potentially be looking to use the volunteering opportunity as a route back to work .An induction period will include training and skills development around digital, employability as well as project management , positive communication, running activities reporting and website management which will be further developed during the volunteering experiences .There is also a possibility of an additional 10 days of training over the duration of the programme|
To be confirmed with venues and volunteers however we anticipate that it will be 2-4 times per month.
|Location: Training and induction will be at our office Chubb Building WV1 1HT then in venues across the city within the 10 priority wards.|
|Hours: To be confirmed with venues and volunteers however we anticipate that it will be 2-4 times per month|
|Expenses: Yes Travel & Lunch , other rewards include exposure to job opportunities and training ( both accredited and not accredited)|
|Opportunity: Safeguarding Lead|
• Provide support to volunteers/staff around any safeguarding issues or concerns
• Ensure safeguarding cases are referred to relevant professionals with support
• Ensure all staff and volunteers receive safeguarding training
• Ensure safeguarding policy is up to date and reviewed regularly linking to statutory policies and procedures guidance.
• Ensuring that all staff are fully trained in safeguarding and know how to spot and raise concerns.
• Help to maintain an effective staff supervision programme
• Has up to date regular safeguarding training to fulfil their role.
|Requirements: Good communication skills .Ability to be proactive. Have good safeguarding training experience .Experience working with children and young people .Ability to work as a team player .There will be an induction meeting.|
|Location: Remote Home working|
|Hours: Monday-Friday (Maximum 3 days per week) Flexibility will be given for any holidays. Will work around the suitable person. Minimum commitment 6 months|
|Expenses: Yes when attending any face 2 face sessions or travelling to a community meeting. Travel expenses will be provided|